On this page:
The first 15 minutes of parking at Te Papa are free! For great discounts, you can buy several days of parking at a time.
Find out about our parking specials
Get more information about our car park, including prices
Places your kids will love
- Discovery Centres (Levels 2 and 4) – We've got four of these fun-filled places, created especially for kids!
- Bush City (outside) – Go hunting for fossils and check out the swing bridges through the trees.
- Awesome Forces – Meet the dinosaurs, get all shook up in the Earthquake House, and more.
- Mountains to Sea – Check out the colossal squid, see the blue-whale skeleton, climb the tree – and don’t let that wild pig scare you!
- Kids’ Store – Find the perfect gift: fun and educational.
- Blood, Earth, Fire – Find out if you’d survive on another planet, search a container for unwanted invaders, and help the moa find a mate.
- Tangata o le Moana – See Michel Tuffery’s ‘corned beef cow’, take a 3D holographic journey from the Pacific to New Zealand, and be a DJ on the mixing table.
- Slice of Heaven – Check out toys and gadgets from last century in ‘Home-grown’.
- Mana Whenua – Enter the beautiful Te Hau ki Turanga wharenui (meeting house). Shoes off please!
Where to eat and drink
We recommend eating at Te Papa Cafe on Level 1. It has a children’s play area, kid-friendly meals, and a changing room for baby. Plus you’re right next to Bush City, where the little ones can run around outside and you can picnic with food you’ve brought with you.
Read more about our cafes
Toilets and baby-changing rooms
There are toilets throughout the Museum. We recommend those on Levels 3 and 4 – they’re quiet, with lots of room.
We have two parents’ rooms – in Te Papa Cafe (Level 1) and beside StoryPlace (Level 2). You’ll find nappy-changing facilities, breastfeeding chairs, bottle and food warmers, and sinks.
You can also change baby in the women’s toilets by The Marae (Level 4).
You’ll find water fountains:
- in Te Papa Cafe (Level 1)
- in Bush City (Level 1, outside)
- outside StoryPlace (Level 2)
- in the toilets by Golden Days (Level 4).