Ensuring a safe workplace is important to us. You and your exhibitors must comply with the requirements of the Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992, including:
- following the instructions of Te Papa staff
- keeping fire exits clear
- making sure all electrical gear is Portable Appliance Tested (PAT) and tagged
- taping down all electrical cords
Te Papa is a non-smoking venue inside and outside, including on balconies.
Our staff are trained in a wide range of emergency procedures and will manage any emergency situation.
Written approval is needed to bring in restricted items. Please talk to your functions coordinator if you wish to bring in:
- potentially offensive material
- weapons or other equipment that may cause harm
- food and beverage (for sale or sample), including coffee machines
- animals, including domestic pets
- any large pieces of equipment over 2 x 2 metres and/or 30 kilograms
Items prohibited for safety reasons include:
- flammable liquids or accelerants (eg petrol, diesel, CNG, LPG)
- items or equipment that produce flames or extreme heat (including candles and cooking appliances)
- smoke machines
- helium balloons.