28-29 November 2012
$150 (includes lunch and morning/afternoon tea)
Inclusive Interpretation workshop: Communicating cross-culturally
Designed for people leading cultural/heritage projects or events on parks, in museums and at other visitor destinations, for guides at tourist attractions, and for interpreters, communications or visitor centre staff.
- Joe Harawira - Department of Conservation and storyteller
- Gail Richard - National Association of Interpreters, Pacific Chapter Chair and trainer
Communicate with your diverse visitors effectively and act inclusively!
- Good practice and protocols for cross-cultural projects
- Encapsulating others' issues and interests
- Advice on and troubleshooting those tricky or sensitive projects
- Disolving 'us and them' scenarios
- Top tips for interacting with your visitors
- Sources and resources for help
- Site/field visit, observation and discussion
Register by 20 November 2012 with Michelle Edge - email@example.com or 09 301 7203