Developing a Museum Public Programme
17–18 June 2013
, 9:30 - 4:30pm
Bell House, Howick Historical Village, Cnr Lady Marie Drive and Bells Rd
Free of charge
This National Services Te Paerangi workshop is provided in collaboration with ServiceIQ (formerly ATTTO) to assist ServiceIQ trainees and museum staff to understand museum public programmes in a broader context.
This will cover:
ServiceIQ Unit Standard: 20548 Develop a proposal for a museum public programme
Day 1: (9:30am – 4:30pm) Developing a Museum Public Programme workshop
- Purposes of public programming in a museum setting
- Public programming case studies
- Using museum objects as a source of inspiration
- Targeting public programming to specific audiences
- Developing a conceptual framework and objectives of a public programme
- Budget considerations for public programmes
- Hypothetical programmes
- Trouble shooting challenges at the event
- Discussion and questions
Day 2: Assessment of above unit standard. Attendance only required by those enrolled as an ServiceIQ trainee.
Who will I meet?
- This workshop is facilitated by Rachel Ingram, Learning and Programmes Manager for Museums Wellington and Kim Young, Marketing Manager for Museums Wellington
- You will also meet other museum personnel in your region – a great networking opportunity!
Who is it for?
- This is an introductory level workshop which gives ServiceIQ trainees and representatives from museums, art galleries, heritage organisations, the arts and cultural sector, iwi organisations an opportunity to learn more about museum public programming.
- NSTP workshops are provided primarily for non-profit organisations in the museum and gallery sector and places may be restricted if there is high demand.
- NB: If you are completing the ServiceIQ assessment on day two, you will need to be familiar with the content and concepts in the unit workbook before attending this session.
How do I sign up?
- Register online by clicking the registration button below
- Please register by Friday 7 June 2013 to ensure a place.
- You can also register by contacting National Services Te Paerangi - firstname.lastname@example.org or freephone: 0508 NSTP HELP (0508 678 743)
- This workshop is free to attend.
What else do I need to know?
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes
- Bring your lunch (morning & afternoon tea will be provided)
- Please be aware that your photo may be taken during the workshop, and photos may be used for National Services Te Paerangi purposes.