Fundraising: The Full Picture
6 March 2014
, 9:30 - 4:30pm
Voyager New Zealand Maritime Museum
Corner Quay and Hobson Streets
$50 per person, payable by invoice
This workshop is now fully booked. To be placed on the waiting list please register through the button below.
National Services Te Paerangi, in partnership with Creative New Zealand, is pleased to offer an opportunity for representatives from museums, art galleries and iwi organisations to learn more about fundraising for their organisation.
This workshop will cover:
This full day workshop will examine how fundraising interacts with every area of your organisation and will provide tools and ideas for raising funds for charitable trusts and incorporated societies in the culture and heritage sector.
Fundraising tools that will be discussed include:
- the “donor escalator” (from visitor to donor)
- the “donor cycle”
- major gifts
- trust and foundation applications
Who will I meet?
- Jean Goodband is the Creative Giving Manager at Creative New Zealand, where she provides philanthropy and sponsorship training to the arts, culture and heritage sector under the Creative Giving programme. She has a background in fundraising for non-profits, schools and arts organisations. More information about Jean is available on the Creative New Zealand website
- You will also meet other museum personnel in your region – a great networking opportunity!
Who is it for?
- This workshop will be of benefit to staff and volunteers from museums, galleries and iwi organisations who are responsible for fundraising in their organisation as well as board members who are supporting their organisation with its fundraising goals
- Places are limited and will be restricted to two places per organisation. This workshop is for non-profit organisations.
How do I sign up?
- This workshop is now fully booked. If you would like to go on the waiting list please register through the online booking form below.
- The registration fee of $50 which will be payable by invoice. You’ll be asked for invoice details after your place is confirmed.
- If you have any questions, please contact National Services Te Paerangi - email@example.com or freephone: 0508 NSTP HELP (0508 678 743)
What else do I need to know?
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes
- Bring your lunch (morning & afternoon tea will be provided)
- If your organisation needs support for travel costs for this workshop, consider applying for a Travel Subsidy Grant
- Please be aware that your photo may be taken during the workshop, and photos may be used for National Services Te Paerangi purposes.