A National Services Te Paerangi workshop giving representatives from small museums, art galleries and iwi organisations the opportunity to learn more about safe handling and packaging of museum objects at an introductory level.
This will cover:
- Safe materials to use for packing and storing museum objects
- Guidelines for handling and moving objects within the museum
- Preparing a workspace for working with museum objects
- Considerations for safe packaging including fragile objects, large works and photographs
- Labelling and identification of packed museum objects
- Nesting objects and creating custom boxes
Who will I meet?
- Museum display and design professional Kyleigh Adrian-Burne has 16 years experience working in museums. She originally trained as a jeweller and began her museum career in the object support team for Te Papa’s Day One exhibitions. She has interactive exhibit experience gained during time in the UK, along with armature design for stop motion films. Returning to New Zealand, Kyleigh plied her considerable exhibition skills and talents at the Auckland Museum during the refurbishment of their Maori and Pacific galleries before rejoining Te Papa. She also worked on the Puke Ariki Museum and Library opening in Taranaki. She now freelances in various aspects of exhibition delivery.
- You will also meet other museum personnel in your region – a great networking opportunity!
Who is it for?
- This is an introductory level workshop which gives representatives from small museums, art galleries and iwi organisations the opportunity to learn, share ideas and ask more about object handling and packaging.
How do I sign up?
- Register online by clicking the registration button below.
- If you have any questions, please contact National Services Te Paerangi - firstname.lastname@example.org or freephone: 0508 NSTP HELP (0508 678 743)
- Please register by Friday 24 May 2013 to ensure a place on this workshop
- The cost of this workshop is $20 to be paid on the day
What else do I need to know?
- Please bring a small object to the workshop to work on (not a piece from a collection)
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes
- Bring your lunch (morning & afternoon tea will be provided)
- Please be aware that your photo may be taken during the workshop, and photos may be used for National Services Te Paerangi purposes.