Museum & Gallery Marketing Forum - getting people through your doors
18-19 October 2012
Ministry of Culture and Heritage, Level 4, 101 The Terrace
$80 pay on the day
National Services Te Paerangi presents the inaugural Museum and Gallery Marketing forum, with support from Museum of Wellington City and Sea.
The 2012 forum ‘Getting people through your doors’ will bring together museum and galleries from across New Zealand to discuss marketing success case studies and marketing strategies for non-profit organisations.
Community café sessions will allow round table discussions of social media, print marketing and signage, managing media relationships and marketing to diverse communities. We invite all participants to bring ideas, challenges, issues and triumphs to share and seek input from sector colleagues.
Participants will also be taken on a tour of a range of Wellington museums to see marketing strategies in situ.
Day 1 (18 October)
9.30 - 9.45 - Welcome
9.45 - 10.30 - Case study: Successful Innovative Marketing - with Meg Williams, Marketing and Development Manager, New Zealand International Arts Festival
10.30 - 11.00 - Break
11.00 - 12.30 - Community Cafe 1 - using social media to attract visitors
12.30 - 1.30 - Lunch
1.30 - 3.00 - Community Cafe 2 - successful print marketing and signage
3.00 - 3.30 - Break
3.30 - 4.30 - Marketing the arts: Our role and influence - with Dr Kate Daellenbach, Lecturer - Marketing, School of Marketing and International Business, Victoria University of Wellington
4.30 - Close of programme
5.00 - 6:30 - New Zealand advertising film screening, New Zealand Film Archive
Day Two (19 October)
9.30 - 11.00 - Community Cafe 3 - media relationships
11.00 - 11.30 - Break
11.30 - 1.00 - Community Cafe 4 - marketing to diverse communities
1.00 - 2.00 - Lunch
2.00 - 4.00 - Museums tour - Museum of Wellington City and Sea, Olympic Museum, Capital E and Te Papa. There will be a short presentation about marketing strategies and a quick tour at each venue.
Who will I meet?
Dr Kate Daellenbach, Lecturer - Marketing, School of Marketing and International Business, Victoria University of Wellington
Meg Williams, Marketing and Development Manager, New Zealand International Arts Festival
You will also meet other museum personnel in your region – a great networking opportunity!
Who is it for?
This forum gives representatives who making marketing decision for their organisations the opportunity to learn, share ideas and ask more about marketing strategies in the sector. It is suitable from all sizes of museums, art galleries and iwi organisations.
- Register online by clicking the registration button below
- If you have difficulties registering you can contact National Services Te Paerangi via email@example.com or 0508 678 743. Places are limited so registration is essential. Please register by 1 October 2012 to guarantee your place.
- The $80.00 registration fee (payable on the day) includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on both days.
What else do I need to know?
- Bring examples of your organisation's marketing materials to discuss
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes
- Please be aware that your photo may be taken during the workshop, and photos may be used for National Services Te Paerangi/Interpretation Network New Zealand purposes.