This one-day course in the care and preservation of audiovisual collections is offered by the National Preservation Office Te Tari Tohu Taonga.
The course is an intermediate level course for people who work in libraries, archives, iwi and Māori organisations who are responsible for the care and management of audio collections and video collections.
Places are limited to 25.
- AV formats, their identification and history
- AV-formats: their deterioration, risks factors
- Handling and storage
- Replay and technology obsolescence
- Digital preservation
- Nick Guy, Conservator Audiovisual Material, Alexander Turnbull Library
- Bronwyn Officer, Senior Sound Conservator, Alexander Turnbull Library
For more information and registration forms, contact Vicki-Anne Heikell on 04 474 3066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.