Thanks for submitting your loan request
Your request will be assessed
Your loan request will be assessed by curators, collection managers, conservators, and object support staff who will comment on potential risks, make recommendations on those risks, and identify associated costs.
Staff will consider the following criteria when making the assessment:
- Nature of the proposed venue(s) and audience
- Size and complexity of the proposed loan in relation to conflicting requests and priorities
- Nature and condition of the collection item
- Timeliness of the request and length of loan
We will let you know the outcome of the assessment within 40 working days of receiving your application.
What happens next
The borrower will be responsible for the associated costs of the loan.
These are material costs only and do not include costs of staff time unless the work is contracted out.
Associated costs are likely to include the following:
- Packing materials including crate construction
- Matting and framing of artwork
- Appropriate display mounts
The borrower will be expected to arrange and pay for the following (in consultation with the lender):
- Insurance (transit and in-situ)
- Freight (including customs clearance)
- Costs of accompanying courier (fares, accommodation and daily allowance)
Loan agreement signature
We recognise that there may need to be a period of negotiation and once we have concluded our negotiation both parties will sign a formal loan agreement and adhere to the conditions contained in that document.
If you have any extra questions, please contact the Loans Team:
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
PO Box 467